How is everyone?

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
Blue-Ram101

How is everyone?

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Well with anything I become interested in I like to try and find a forum about to pick peoples brains etc! Little on me, I am 24 in the military and outside of that work all week between my job and children! I started out a while back with a 29 gallon, picked up a 10 gallon and have a 5 gallon currently housing my pea puffer :) originally the 29 gallon was a community tank and the 10 gallon was a goldfish tank for my fiance' well some things never change and the gold fish kept dieing!!! So it turned into a starter tank for some angel fish. I got tired of having so many tanks, including the 2.5 gallon quarentine tank, and the angels were going to need a bigger tank so I upgraded to a 55 gallon and with a little advice from Rick up at exotic tropicals was able to execute the move and only lost one fish. Currently the tank is stocked with 4 angel fish, 4 german blue rams (two pairs), handful of guppies, 8 cardinal tetra, one gold gourami and a dwarf green gourami, one small silver veiltail molly, 5 albino cory, a pleco, and 2 zebra danios that have survived EVEYRTHING from the beginning. The tank is also fully planted now and growing great, running 160 watts at 6500kl, co2 injection and using flourish and flourish iron, as a hindsight, I probably do not have the best substrate at all, but I am looking at down the road pulling all the fish, well removing eveything, and redo my substrate but as of right now it all appears to be healthy, several plants have already spawned runners and are growing great. So I figure no big rush, also I have two pieces of natural drift wood. Currently running 2 aquaclear 50's but it looks like I am going to move to a Aquatop CF-500UV canister style with the UV light in it to help combat some of the mild algae problems I have been having and yes its way more filter then I need but also, I will eventually have a bigger tank :) I think thats about it for now, I look forward to picking everyones brains!!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: How is everyone?

Post by mewickham »

New faces are always welcome! And it's good to see another person interested in growing live aquatic plants. Besides participating on the forum, be sure to check out our monthly club meetings. One is coming up this Saturday. You can download an "about us" flyer here: https://nwaas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1430
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

I will definitely h have to try and make one, this saturday won't be able to as I have drill, hopefully one soon! I plan on expanding my plant growing which may happen soon, everythingin my tank is growing like crazy!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
mistymists

Post by mistymists »

Just popping in to say hello.
One day I will have at least one tank in every room in my house. Three down so many more to go!