Aquatop CF-500UV canister filter

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
Blue-Ram101

Aquatop CF-500UV canister filter

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

I just purchased this filter through http://www.truaqua.com as purchasing it directly was cheaper then anything else. There are not a whole lot of reviews available on this company or filter yet. I guess because they are somewhat new. My plan is once I get the filter in is to right up a review, pros/cons etc to give everyone an idea. Cause a canister filter that has UV, 4 trays and can handle a 175 gallons for under $100? Well hopefully its not too good to be true. I know immediately one of the plus is the removeable trays that you can pack with your own media. (I Am for sure picking up some filtering media from seachem to change out).

So my question is, as I go through reviewing this item once I get, what is information everyone needs/likes to know so I can make sure my write up on this is as thorough as possible!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Aquatop CF-500UV canister filter

Post by mewickham »

It looks like a decent filter. The features I look for are ease of starting (I see it has a priming pump), separability of media (the trays are a plus), and quick disconnect of the filter hoses (doesn't look it has that in the photo). Lifespan of any filter gaskets is always a question, but can't really be answered until you've run the filter for at time.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

It looks very promising. Guess we will see how it goes!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

When looking at new products I first ask here. If no one has, I just google the product and/or manufacturer. I've done this on TruAqua. You may be surprised by what you find.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

I have googled them, haven't seen anything negative, just not much in the way of reviews.