Wish List

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
etheonut

Wish List

Post by etheonut »

I am going to place a "Wish List" order on Monday. It is one of those shot in the dark sort of things, but I am hoping to get some neat fish.
Here is what I am going to ask for, wish me luck:

Sphaerichthys vaillanti - Samurai Chocolate Gourami
CRENUCHUS SPILURUS - Sailfin Tetra
Odessa Barbs
Hy511 HYPHESSOBRYCON ORNATUS- White Fin Tetra

Hopefully at least some of them will be available.

Kevin
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Wish List

Post by mewickham »

You probably know this already, but the Crenuchus spilurus is a pain in the butt. I don't think I've ever seen one eat dry food. Expect to offer live or frozen foods only. When I was a dealer, that fish would come mixed in as a contaminant with other species. I tried selling them, but no one ever bought them, no matter what the price, so I'd give them away or use 'em as feeder fish. Too bad you weren't around then. I could have given you all you want. :)

The white fin tetras are sharp! A big honkin' school of them would be nice.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Crenuchus aren't that hard for native guys. Just treat them like you would a darter and they do just fine! I wouldn't mind keeping them again myself. The HY511s are very cool as well.
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Who do you place a "wish list" with? Is this something you do with a store or online source or with your spouse? Just curious. We just got a new Petland store in the KC area and they said they would do special ordered so I wondered if that was the kind of thing you might be doing? :?: The stores around here seem to be getting the odesssa barbs fairly regularly but seems like mainly they have males. I have about 10 of them and think all males so I would like some for sure females. They are beautiful fish. I bought some tangerine barbs yesterday. Seem to be a color variant of the rosey barb but they are very pretty.

Odessa

Tangerine

Wish I had the Tangerines in a different tank as they were spawning like crazy. Maybe next time.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I have some credit with Noah's. Knowing that I have eclectic taste in fish he told me he would be placing an order with his wholesaler on Tuesday so I started brain storming. I decided to take a chance and hunted down the website for the wholesaler. Luckily they had 2 things on their website 1. a list of all their available fish and 2. a store locator for customers. Their list of available fish doesn't include prices or anything like that of course, and I don't know how up to date it is.

So, yesterday I started digging through their list. The great thing about their list is that the fish are listed by common names, but if you click on them it gives you the scientific name for the fish. That is very nice because some of the common names, I just didn't recognize.

I actually posted that first list before I had even finished going through the list. My "wish list" has changed since then. I am trying to resist making just an impulse list, "OH MY GOD! That is the coolest fish and I haven't seen it since 1985!" Instead I am trying to consider what I already have in tanks and where I would put things that do arrive. I will admit, it is a hard battle and I am not sure who is winning.

I will say this, I was surprised at some of the things available, but disappointed at some of the things that weren't available. Overall though it has been a great time digging through the list. Now, if I can just get any of the fish off of my wish list.

Kevin
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Ok, the new list:

Rainbow Goby - Rhinogobius wui
Pink Jewel Tetra HY511
Ember Tetra
Celestial Pearl Danio
Peacock Gudgeon
Aequidons Metae
Odessa Barbs

I know there is some "standard" stuff on my list, but I sure like how it is forming up.

Kevin