Frozen vs freeze dried

Tasty nutrition for your fish
Blue-Ram101

Frozen vs freeze dried

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

I don't think I will be able to convince the wife to let me grow live larva, so its a matter of what can I buy. Between frozen and freeze dried, is one really better then the other?
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
etheonut

Re: Frozen vs freeze dried

Post by etheonut »

Frozen vs Freeze dried, it is like the chicken and the egg discussion.
Everyone has an opinion and only mine is right.

I have found that which one I use is based more on the fish that I am trying to feed than on the nutrition levels. Fish that like to eat foods that float on the surface are much more receptive to freeze dried foods. Fish that feed mid-level and off the bottom take frozen foods much more easily. Leftovers from freeze dried are much easier to collect than frozen foods, but there always seem to be more leftovers from freeze dried as well.

Kevin
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Thats kind of the conclusion I was coming to. Just thought maybe there wa something I was missing lol. Leftovers? Thats what my armada of corys is for.
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Why choose one? Feed both!

I think there's less waste with frozen, though, and I imagine that the fish prefer them.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair