club discount

Dealers may post specials, newsletters, events, etc. Everyone may post discussions of fishes or dry goods you may have seen available at local stores.
Forum rules
Everyone:
This section is for everyone to post specials or notes about interesting fish and items that they may have seen in a local store. It is NOT for discussing the stores' business practices or customer disputes. Please keep it friendly and related to the topic at hand. Any other content will be deleted.

Dealers:
Please feel free to post your new arrivals, specials, newsletters, events, and so forth. We appreciate our local dealers and want to help you grow your business. It is NWAAS' way of giving back to the stores that support our fabulous hobby.
NOTE: By "dealers" we mean aquarium-related businesses, such as aquarium stores, pet shops, breeders, and other businesses that sell aquarium livestock and/or supplies.
exotictropicals

club discount

Post by exotictropicals »

ive got togeather with devin and we descided on a club discount for payed members
most of you i know your in the club but new members will have to show proof of membership i will talk to denny an figure out a meens of proof
etheonut

Re: club discount

Post by etheonut »

How about a tatoo of a bumble bee goby somewhere on our bodies? 8-)

Of course, that would require a lifetime membership.

Kevin
exotictropicals

Post by exotictropicals »

no probably just a card or something just so people are more inclined to join nwaas and other clubs
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Oh, we could do a secret handshake. We could have a committee that comes up with a new handshake every year ;) . That way people who drop their membership couldn't cheat and get the discount.

Kevin
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

I think a little business card type of thing would work just a smidge better and easier there Kevin ;)

aside from that, oh heck yes to discounts!!!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

What about a ring and a secret code that you only determine if you have the ring? :D

We could set a new code every Monday and Denny could email it to all the members.

I always wanted a secret decoder ring.

Kevin
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

etheonut wrote:What about a ring and a secret code that you only determine if you have the ring? :D

We could set a new code every Monday and Denny could email it to all the members.

I always wanted a secret decoder ring.

Kevin

LOL, i just had a image of a "Christmas Story" flashing through my mind!!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Wait, I've got it! When you pay your membership we put an implant under the skin behind your ear*. Inside the implant is a radioactive isotope with a half life that allows it to completely degrade at one year. We then provide each store with a very sensitive geiger counter to check and see if there is radiation detected. If there is, you get a discount. The implant must be renewed each year.
*Neither NWAAS, it's officers or any of it's members are responsible for cancers, migraines, or other medical afflictions associated with said implant.
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

sumpnfishy wrote:Wait, I've got it! When you pay your membership we put an implant under the skin behind your ear*. Inside the implant is a radioactive isotope with a half life that allows it to completely degrade at one year. We then provide each store with a very sensitive geiger counter to check and see if there is radiation detected. If there is, you get a discount. The implant must be renewed each year.
*Neither NWAAS, it's officers or any of it's members are responsible for cancers, migraines, or other medical afflictions associated with said implant.
:?