Ich!

Diagnosis and treatment
pinkrblu

Ich!

Post by pinkrblu »

We have an ich problem in the 29 gallon. I put the fish I got at the auction, except for the tetras, in our 29 gallon. I've been fighting an ich outbreak for four days. Everyone seemed to be doing better yesterday morning, then worse last night. Lost a Ram overnight. We've got loaches in the tank, so I'm treating with Ich Attack (herbal-s'posed to be easier on loaches). Also raised the temp and keeping it dark. Other suggestions?
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
LoveMyPleco

Post by LoveMyPleco »

I wish I could help. We have an ich problem in out Q tank, butonly 3 have it. They were fine wehn we bought them, left them in the Q tank for 2 weeks, everything fine, moved them to the big tank and OVERNIGHT they had ick all over them and no one else showed any signs. Took therm back out, put them backin the Q tank, and still no one else in the big tank has it.

Ich is so strange and utterly frustrating.

Jenn
Honey, Just one more fish..please....
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

The ich is finally clearing up. There are still a very few spots left visable. I am hoping things clear completely before I leave Sunday, since I'll be gone until Saturday. My family is great about feeding, but sick fish is a bit out of their area of expertise.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.