Wow

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Wow

Post by dennysfishroom »

I hadn't tried to hatch killiefish eggs in the past (other than some Blue Gularis). I got some eggs for some Northobranchius and they were supposed to be ready to hatch on 10/20. He said you could tell when the eyes turned golden. I looked, but couldn't even see any eggs. Not sure if that was because they were so small, or I'm just not seeing well enough yet. Decided to go ahaead today, so this morning I put them in water, and by this afternoon, they are swimming around. Wow. I wasn't expecting that. We'll see if I can grow them up. They may possibly be ready by our auction. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Wow

Post by mewickham »

Awesome! Do you know which species they are?
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think it's several sp. Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

So surprises are in store!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

I did that a while back but only got about three fry from my efforts. Kind of disappointing but was fun to try. Good luck.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

there were many more in the hatch tank the day I hatched them than yesterday, so I used a baster to transfer them to a bigger tank. Now today I didn't see any fry swimming around, but they could be hiding. If I do it again, I'm going to remove the fry as soon as they hatch. Things like this keep the hobby interesting. Denny
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Where did you get these from Denny?

I hatched some eggs a couple years ago, but I wasn't really prepared when they hatched out.
It was really amazing though.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Thailand, I think. This was just sort of a test (still ongoing) to see if I could do it. Denny
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

What you want to do now is get most of the water out of the peat and store it for a few more weeks. You may get more fry out of it the next time around. Some species won't hatch completely out until you wet the peat 3 or 4 times.
Michael
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

In the future I may try that (if there is a future). This was a test, and we'll see whether I end up with any fry before deciding if I want to do it again (actually adults - I've had the fry, but can I raise them to adults?) . Denny
etheonut

Denny Forsees End of World!

Post by etheonut »

In a bold move the president of the Northwest Arkansas Aquarium Society lept onto the prophetic bandwagon and declared that the end of the world is coming. He is quoted as saying, "In the future ... (if there is a future)".
Has the leader of this small, occult like, organization from the hills of Arkansas seen a future or lack of one, or has he just sucked too much dirty fish water? Time will tell, and we can only hope that everyone has their vacation feeders set and ready to go.

The Press.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I guess that's why I'd never make a good politician (or at least one of the reasons). Denny
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

*cough*choke*wheeze*
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.