EBJD's

From angelfish to zebra cichlids
dennysfishroom

EBJD's

Post by dennysfishroom »

I finally tried to introduce my BG Jack Dempsey female to the "male EBJD I recently got from Jack D. It didn't appear that they got along too well, although the female was very dark inside a flower pot. On the off chance that the male was actually a female, I placed the EBJD in with my BG male. So far they aren't beating the snot out of each other, but I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them today. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
pinkrblu

Re: EBJD's

Post by pinkrblu »

How did it go? Is he a she or is she a he?
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I again put the female in with the male about a week ago. They were pretty testy at first, then indifferent, and then yesterday it appeared that they were swimming together. Tonight I looked in the tank and the female was in one of the flower pots. Low and behold, there were a bunch of eggs. This is probably one of the bigger spawns she's had. I pulled the eggs, and now we'll see how many hatch. Theoretically, 50% should be EBJD's. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

This is getting interesting. I'm not sure how long the eggs had been laid when I took them out yesterday, but none were fungused. I looked at them today, and could only see one that had fungused. Usually it looks like there are more fungused than not. Don't know how things will turn out, but if all goes well, they should probably start hatching tomorrow. That's what makes this hobby so interesting. Denny
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Hope they do well. I like EBJD's a lot!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Checked the eggs today - probably close to 48 hours. No one has hatched yet, but very few fungused eggs. I'm liking this so far, and if they are fertile, should hatch by tomorrow. Denny