guppy drooping tail

Diagnosis and treatment
mistymists

guppy drooping tail

Post by mistymists »

So I get home from a long day at school and one of my female Guppies is acting funny... It's like she cannot move her tail at all. There's a point on her back where her skin tone gets slightly greyish, and her back tail is acting like a giant weight. She's pretty much just resting at the surface and breathing from the surface too. None of the other fish are acting like this and she was fine around 5pm on the 3rd. Any ideas what could be wrong with her?
One day I will have at least one tank in every room in my house. Three down so many more to go!
Jackielee

Re: guppy drooping tail

Post by Jackielee »

Not sure the issue but I had one this week doing the same thing and found it dead yesterday. Hope your luck goes better than mine. Jack
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I hope it's not Tetrahymena. It's practically impossible to cure. I'd hit it with formalin/malachite green, and some salt, too, if you're willing.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
mistymists

Post by mistymists »

It died. None of the others seem sick. Everyone is healthly and happy and the only new fish that get added to that tank are the ones the females birth. It's not even at the same house as my other tanks. Strangly it reminds me of a few patients I've cared for in Hospice who for some unknowingly reason go dead from the hip down and then it spreads upwards until they die. She was a pretty old guppy. I could tell that when I bought her.
One day I will have at least one tank in every room in my house. Three down so many more to go!
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

maybe its back was somehow broken :? :shock: