Water leak

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Water leak

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've been fighting a persistent water spill/leak in the garage for the past 2 months. First I couldn't see well enough to see the detail I'd need to figure out where it was coming from, and then I just couldn't find it. I knew my aquariums occasionally overflow, but this was different. I suspected my water softener because I was seeing some water where it shouldn't be, but couldn't pinpoint anything. I don't know if it's the total answer, but what I suddenly realized was that there were 3 water lines coming from the water softener, then it went under the furnace, but only 2 were plugged into the drain. I looked under the furnace and discovered that the 3rd line had fallen out of the drain pipe and under the furnace. All that water was just being dumped out on the floor under the furnace. Dumb.

Then I suspected that my doing pump wasn't injecting Clorox into our water system. The pump was running when it should, and it looked like water was flowing through the tubing, but the water level wasn't going down. I was going to take the tubing out of a shut-off valve I had put in-line when I noticed the shut-off valve was closed. Dumber. Now I'll just have to wait and see if these solve my problems. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
etheonut

Re: Water leak

Post by etheonut »

Step number to solving any problem: Is it plugged in?

Glad you are finding solutions to your mysteries Denny.

Happy New Year.

Kevin