Program Schedule - Dates - Location - Maps and Directions
mewickham
NWAAS President

January 2012: Do-it-yourself

Post by mewickham »

We've got several mini programs lined up for January's meeting:

1. Making a Water Pump and Vacuum Pump from PVC Parts, by Denny Rogers

2. DIY Aquarium Stands and Accessories, by Travis Bishop

3. I believe young Trent Bishop is also going to give a brief talk, but I did not get a title for it.

4. Bonus: Zombies! by Kenna Peters. This optional talk is not fish-related. In light of recent disasters, such as the Joplin tornado, Kenna is going to give a presentation on preparing for emergencies and preparing a "bug out bag," for those times you need to leave in a hurry.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: January 2012: Do-it-yourself

Post by mewickham »

Some of us are going to get together for an impromptu dinner before meeting. Everyone is welcome to join us and we hope that you will! (You will be responsible for your own meal check, which is around $10-12 for buffet and drink. It may be cheaper for kids-- I'm not sure.) The restaurant is a new and very large Chinese/American buffet (largest in the area). They even have a Mongolian-style grill where you can pick your raw ingredients for cooking. There is also some good sushi!

The restaurant address is listed below, but for those familiar with the area, the restaurant is located right in front of Walmart #1 on Walnut St. (Rt. 12) in Rogers-- in the former Ryan's Steakhouse building. We will meet at 5:15 PM.

Restaurant location:
Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet
102 South 21st Street
Rogers, AR 72758-1120
(479) 636-8888
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
pinkrblu

Re: January 2012: Do-it-yourself

Post by pinkrblu »

See the "Off Topic" section for links to some very helpful sites regarding my topic at tonight's meeting: Zombies!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.