Club picnic

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Club picnic

Post by dennysfishroom »

Is there any interest in having a club potluck picnic this summer? We could have it out here, or even have it at a park if that would be more centrally located. Let us know if that's something you might be interested in doing. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Club picnic

Post by mewickham »

I'd show up.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I'm for it.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

First question is do we want it out here in Garfield, or do we want it closer to the rest of you (at someone else's house or a local park)?

Second question is when?

Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I'm up for it. Location and date (probably) are not an issue. Whatever works for everyone else, works for me. It would have to be on a weekend for Sharon to also attend, unless the date matches with a vacation week. (She has none scheduled at the moment but will take a week sometime this summer.)

As always, I offer up our house as a possible location. We have a forty-foot screened porch, in case of weather and a flat front yard for playing croquet, horseshoes, or bocce ball. There is a good chance of seeing raccoons, deer, or other wildlife. We live in Rogers, a few minutes from the meeting site. I've only got a couple of fish tanks.

Denny's house in Garfield offers a view of Beaver Lake from the mountain. He has a large fish room, several ponds/tubs outside, and live chickens. Parking is an issue, though, as his driveway is narrow and steep in places. Four-wheel drive is a necessity for the farthest part of it.

Someone at the meeting suggested finding a park with a stream. The only local park I know is Lake Atalanta, which is at the bottom of our hill. There is a small, coldwater stream and a lake for fishing. A hiking trail surrounds the lake. There used to be a bait shop and paddleboat rental place, but I think it is closed now. There are picnic tables.

There is actually a small park next to our meeting place at the Police Station. People would have no problem finding it. But it's located at a major intersection and there is no stream. There is some playground equipment.

If distance is not an object, there is Devil's Den State Park south of Fayetteville and Roaring River State Park in Cassville, MO. The latter has a trout hatchery where you can see oodles of trout of varying sizes.
Mike Wickham
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

There's also Tannycomo (?) Park in Bella Vista (where we started the club), and the park/pavillion in Springdale where we had one of our picnics. I'm good with wherever we go. When would we like to try for? Late July or early August maybe? Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

dennysfishroom wrote:There's also Tannycomo (?)
Close. Tanyard Creek. There's a small stream and waterfall there. I haven't been there for a long time. I sort of remember it being a protected area-- which would mean no playing in the water. But I'm not sure about that.
Mike Wickham
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

mewickham wrote:
dennysfishroom wrote:There's also Tannycomo (?)
Close. Tanyard Creek. There's a small stream and waterfall there. I haven't been there for a long time. I sort of remember it being a protected area-- which would mean no playing in the water. But I'm not sure about that.
Tanyard Creek comes outta Lake Windsor. Great for fishing or taking a dip.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP