Newspaper Article

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Newspaper Article

Post by dennysfishroom »

I arranged for Flip Putthoff of the Democrat Gazette to meet with John G., Mike W. and myself in preparation for a feature article in the Democrat Gazette just before our auction on April 6th. I don't know exactly when it will run, but hopefully, it will be a boost for the club auction, and maybe even our membership. Be looking for the article in the next few weeks. We went to John's house because of his 350 gallon tank with large fish. I suspected that would make the best picture of anyone in the club. This may be a very good opportunity to get some publicity for the club and for the hobby. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Re: Newspaper Article

Post by dennysfishroom »

I just got this email from Flip Putthoff of the Democrat Gazette. Thought you might all be interested:

"Hi Denny, The aquarium story is scheduled to run as the main story in the What's Up section on Friday, April 5. Thanks for taking the time with me. I really enjoyed it. FP"

That means we'll have a feature article in the paper the day before our Spring Auction.

Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Awesome!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

Good move Denny !
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

That is FINTASTIC! Way to go, Denny!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just as a heads up for all of you - the newspaper (Arkansas Democrat Gazette) will be running the article on their visit with NWAAS member John G. this Friday. It will be in the "What's Up" section of the newspaper, and will be titled "A Fixation With Fish". It should be interesting to see an outsiders take on the hobby, our aquarium club, and tropical fish hobbyists. Appearing the day before our auction can't hurt either. Post what your impression is of the article here. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

If you don't subscribe to the Democrat Gazette, you may want to find a copy of today's paper. Flip Puttoff did a very good job of presenting the aquarium hobby, our club (NWAAS), and member John George in his article appearing in today's paper. Well done. It doesn't hurt that it appeared the day before our Spring auction, either. Maybe we should make Flip an honorary member? Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Thanks for the reminder! I picked one up. Nice article!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
kribkid17

Post by kribkid17 »

I saw the article in the paper. It was a good article! It looks like the club is doing good and y'all have a couple new members.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Hey Evan. We've missed you. I suppose it's because you discovered girls. Just remember what we've always told you. If she won't let you go to a Saturday night meeting once a month, or come with you, then she's not the right one for you. Denny