New Alarm Clock

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

New Alarm Clock

Post by dennysfishroom »

I was awakened this morning by repeated "thunks" as a bird kept trying to fly into our window. My first inclination was that it was a cardinal (bright red), but as I looked closer, it was evident it wasn't a cardinal. It looks like it may have been a Summer Tananger. Before we had moved down here permanently, I was sitting next to the window and heard a "thunk". I didn't realize until I went outside that another Tananger had flown into the window and broke his neck. I can't remember if that was a Summer or a Scarlet Tananger. Those are the only 2 Tanangers I've seen since we've been here. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Re: New Alarm Clock

Post by sskruzr »

What do think was behind that behavior? Is the room a particular color? They see threir reflection and think it's another tanager?
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
fishbit

Post by fishbit »

They could smell those Chocolate Chip Cookies.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Well, they were at it again this morning. Fortunately, they only started about 5-10 minutes earlier than I normally get up. So far I've only gotten one picture of them, and it's still in the camera, so I don't know for sure if it's any good. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

are they chasing insects into the window? I had to google those to even see what they were. Looks like they do not come as far West as I am and after reading their typical habitat, they wouldn't like it here anyways since we are mostly flat farmland.. Kyle
Okarche, OK