Interesting Evening

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Interesting Evening

Post by dennysfishroom »

We had an interesting evening last night. I was going out to get the mail after supper when I heard this big commotion from the chicken coop. As I started to walk towards it one of the chickens came up the hill and kept going. When I got close I saw a coyote running away, and no sign of any chickens except for 2 in the coop. We had had them free ranging, and apparently someone found them. By dusk I had seen 6 return to the coop, and found 2 more in the nest boxes. It looks like I'll have to wait until it quits raining today to see if I lost any chickens to the coyote. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
fishbit

Re: Interesting Evening

Post by fishbit »

He will be back!
dennysfishroom

Re: Interesting Evening

Post by dennysfishroom »

So far we're missing 2 chickens. One is older and not laying, so no real loss. The other was one of our new ones. I was going to let them out this evening, but keep a close eye on them. I'm hoping the others are around but just scared. Maybe they join the herd if they're close enough to hear them. While I was waiting to see if he would return last night, I did hear a shot in the direction he was running. Maybe we got lucky. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!