Kent Water Control Valves

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
dennysfishroom

Kent Water Control Valves

Post by dennysfishroom »

When I originally set up my sump systems, I had installed Kent water control valves on all the sumps. After about a year I noticed that they weren't shutting off very well. From what I can see, the floats are made from several plastic pieces welded or glued together to form the floats. As I've examined these valves, it appears that there is some kind of leak in every one of the bulbs. Now I have to decide if I should get new ones, or try to repair the old ones. In the past I had some that were open on the bottom, so the water could escape, and the air was trapped in the float. I'm thinking I could drill holes in the bottom and see if that would work. I could also fill them with floating beads if there is such a thing. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Re: Kent Water Control Valves

Post by dennysfishroom »

Drilled some holes in the float, and ran into foam beads. Not sure where to go from here. Denny
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Stuff them with styrofoam or maybe spray foam?
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

That's what the foam beads must be for. The float I had several years ago was just open. Apparently air get trapped in the float as the water level rises. We'll see what happens over the next few days. I reworked my central system, and we'll go from there. Denny