Always something

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
dennysfishroom

Always something

Post by dennysfishroom »

I went downstairs to take care of the fish yesterday, and realized my new pump wasn't pumping. Having gone through lots of those kind of adventures in the past, I first checked the GFI. It was tripped, so I tried to reset it, but it just tripped again. Thinking I might have a bad pump (the new one), I unplugged the pump and tried to reset again. Same result. So this morning I decided to try unplugging the other things on that line to see if it was one of them or a bad GFI. I found out that one of my other old pumps was the culprit. Once I unplugged that pump, I could reset the GFI and plug in my new pump. Looks like I may have to update the culprit system quicker than I intended. I'll have to think about whether I could combine 2 of my systems when if I do that. Possibly. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Re: Always something

Post by dennysfishroom »

I was in the process of re-doing that system (the sump), and I thought just to make sure, I'd run the Supreme pump that I had replaced many months ago with the Harbor Freight pump. It was a MagDrive, so I put it in the sump without hooking it up. It seemed to be trying to run, but no significant output. I took it apart to make sure there was nothing broken or jammed. Then I put it back in the tank, and it was pumping water like crazy. Nothing was jammed or broken, so I really don't know how to explain that. Note to self - recheck all suspect pumps before getting rid of them. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!