ALA Annual Convention

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
dennysfishroom

ALA Annual Convention

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just got word that the St. Louis club (MASI) is going to be hosting the Amer. Livebearer Association annual convention in St. Louis next May - the 15-18th I think. We'll probably get more info later, but if you would like to go to a national fish club convention fairly close, this might be the one to consider. Denny

PS - FYI Next July the ACA will host their convention in Kentucky, and FOTAS is hosting a convention in Houston towards the end of October this year.
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: ALA Annual Convention

Post by mewickham »

Dang it. I think that's the week in May that we plan to be on vacation.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

And I thought you planned all your vacations for our meetings!!!! Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just found out that the ACA convention will be held the weekend of our July meeting in 2014. Inconvenient, and will cause choices to be made. Denny
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

I may try to make this ALA convention. I had planned to make the one in San Antonio a couple years ago but things fell apart and I couldn't attend.

FOTAS is going to be October 25-27th in Houston and is going to be free, even the auction will be 100% for the seller. the Houston Aquarium Society is hosting the event. They also procured a hotel with an awesome rate. I think it's $57 if you register at least 2 weeks beforehand. I'll be making my reservations in the next day or two. Kyle
Okarche, OK