Masi Swap Meet Saturday October 5th

For discussion of upcoming events in NWA and beyond. Auction rules and registration forms can also be found here.
DWFISH

Masi Swap Meet Saturday October 5th

Post by DWFISH »

Well folks! It's time to start thinking about the October Swap Meet. Last year was great and I hope to make this one even better. You should start thinking ahead on getting your fish or fish stuff ready to sell. Keep checking the post, I'm working on getting donation for this and as I get them I will post them. Also let everyone know about the swap meet. The more people we have the better it will get grow. Also tables are going quick already.

Crowne Plaza Hotel - St. Louis Airport
just south of Hwy 70 on N. Lindbergh
11228 Lone Eagle Dr.
Bridgeton, MO 63044

October 5, 2013
11am to 3:00 PM
Admission $2 per person, children under 10 free!

Got extra fish? Too much Java Moss? Java Fern growing out of the tank? Sell ‘em! Got an extra tank in the attic or basement? Sell it!
Clean out the extra stuff in your fishroom or closet!

You can sell anything “fishy” or hobby related!
Fish, plants, tanks, equipment, books, magazines, foods, decorations, collectibles and more!

Tables are just $20 each. Space is limited, so sign up early!

We’ll also gladly accept 100% donations to be sold at the MASI table.

For information and registration, contact Derek Walker at jamdwalk@msn.com or by phone at (636) 461-2312

MASI Swap Meet Rules

1) Admission $2 per person over age 10.

2) $5 EARLY Bird gets you in at setup one hour before the opening of the door. 10am

3) Payment for table(s) must be made BEFORE or ON September 19, 2013. You can send a check that is made out to
Missouri Aquarium Society. To this Address 1668 Bayberry Ln, Barnhart, Mo 63012
Note check must clear before you will be put down for a table. So it is best just to pay with cash. You can pay at the meetings or auction.

4) Admission fee will be waived for sellers – Limit 2 free admissions per table.

5) No outside sales by non-registered sellers will be permitted.

6) Sellers must bring their own change, etc. Change will not be available from the MASI table.

7) Each seller may set their own policy as to whether or not they will accept checks, credit cards, etc.

8) No phone hook-up for POS devices is available in sales room.

9) Electricity is available, but sellers must bring their own extension cords, multi-outlet strips, etc.

10) MASI ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SALES - All transactions are strictly between the seller and the buyer. MASI is only providing table space and advertising.

11) MASI reserves the right to refuse table space to anyone.

12) Seller is responsible for collecting any sales tax that may be due. MASI ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SALES.

13) ONLY aquarium and pond/water garden hobby related merchandise may be sold. Fish, inverts, aquatic plants, fish foods, aquarium or fish books and magazines, pond or aquarium equipment and related decorations and supplies may be sold.
All equipment must be in working order, or be sold clearly labelled as “For Parts Only”

14) NO cracked or dangerous tanks may be sold unless they are packaged in such a way as to render them safe for handling.

15) No deformed, sick or illegal fish or plants may be sold.

16) No Missouri or Illinois native fish or plants may be sold.

17) Fish must be humanely and properly packaged for sale.

18) These rules are not all-inclusive. The Swap Meet chair is the Final Authority.
dennysfishroom

Re: Masi Swap Meet Saturday October 5th

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think Gail and I will be going to this swap meet this weekend. It was sort of spur of the moment, but we can work it in with visits to both grand-daughters. One is going to school in St. Louis and the other in Columbia. We may even be able to visit the Columbia Pet Center if the timing is right. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

did you get anything interesting?
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I did get 4 medium sized logfinned BN's. Also got a male hifinned tuxedo swordtail which I'm going to try to get into my lyretail strain, and 3 albino gold weather loaches. Now I have to go down and see if any survived the trip. Found some super red kribensis for Corey. The swap meet was pretty well attended, and they had a lot of people selling. Also talked to Alan Wood from ALA , and said hello to Mike Hellweg. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Got everybody into quarantine tanks, and everyone made it in good shape (so far). Looking good. Denny