Glitches

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Glitches

Post by dennysfishroom »

Well the glitch bug struck again. I've got all my fish talks on my notepad, and was thinking I could carry that with me, and if I ever had to give a program, I could just hook it up to a digital projector. First of all, I found out my notebook only has an HDMI output, and my projector only has a VGA input. After looking around, I found an adapter to go from HDMI to VGA. Problem solved, right? I finally got the adapter today (after waiting a month), and when I tried to set it up, I discovered that the HDMI outlet on the notebook was considerably smaller than the HDMI plug on the adapter. Turns out there's a mini-HDMI outlet on my notebook. Who knew there was even more than one size. Now I have to see about ordering another adapter. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
snakeskinner

Re: Glitches

Post by snakeskinner »

I think most of the smaller devices have these mini-adapters. you might be able to find one of those cables at a local electronics place (maybe even wal-mart, you've heard of those places right? :D ) my video camera has one of these cables that came with it in fact. If you have a best-buy there in the area, they will probably have them. Kyle
Okarche, OK
dennysfishroom

Re: Glitches

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think I'm finally home free. My son reminded me that we had bought an adapter to go from HDMI to mini HDMI last time we were in Iowa. We were trying to get a setup so we could show pictures from my tablet to his TV (or any TV with an HDMI port). I had checked it out last week to make sure I had all the connectors to go from HDMI to VGA which is what my digital projector has, but I didn't power up to make sure the adapter I had really worked. I tried it today, and no problems. Now I just have to get familiar with the Open Office presentation software, and I'm ready to go. Finally. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!