Feeding the Birds

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Feeding the Birds

Post by dennysfishroom »

Gail and I enjoy feeding the wild birds on our deck. We especially like feeding suet because it attracts woodpeckers. I've had one suet feeder and we buy the suet blocks by the case. It seems like we've been feeding the blocks we last bought forever, so when I saw another suet feeder on sale yesterday, I grabbed it. It looked like I could attach it to the lid of our current suet feeder, so I spent the morning drilling the holes and inserting the bolts. I put it in place, and it was magnificent. Then I went to fill it with suet, and found out I had used the last suet block I had earlier this week. If I would have realized that yesterday, I could have picked up replacements. Now I have to wait until we go back into town to see how this new arrangement is going to work. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Re: Feeding the Birds

Post by dennysfishroom »

I got my suet blocks this week and put them in the feeder. It looks awesome. Just one problem. Nobody is eating out of the new feeder. The suet on the old feeder is disappearing, but the suet in the new feeder (12 inches away) is untouched. I'm thinking the spaces in wire cage around the suet are too small for most of the woodpeckers! Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!