Rubbermaid stock tanks

Outdoor fishkeeping!
sumpnfishy

Rubbermaid stock tanks

Post by sumpnfishy »

Anybody know a good place to get big plastic stock tanks down there? I'm wanting to get one or two 300 gallon tanks to set up as soon as we close on the house.
Michael
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Since there is quite an agricultural community down here, I bet you will be able to find one pretty easily.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Orschelins (spelling?) or any of the farm supply stores will have them. Sometimes they even go on sale, so you might want to watch the mail fliers. I have 2 of the 150 gallon stock tanks. I plan on getting a couple of the bigger ones in the future, but first I have to win the lottery :roll: .

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Stock tanks

Post by dennysfishroom »

I just found a TSC store going west from Rogers on Walnut past 540 - I think it turns into Walton Blvd in Bentonville. They had several different stock tanks, and possibly could order other sizes for you. I was sort of eying an 8'x2' round tank for around $230 if I remember correctly.
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

What do ya'll do with the stock tanks?
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
dennysfishroom

Stock tanks

Post by dennysfishroom »

They're like instant ponds for outdoor fish, at least they would be if the weather ever turned reasonable. I thought I had moved to Arkansas to get to a warmer climate. I kept some goldfish in mine over the winter with pretty good success.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I was thinking about setting something small up last week, so glad I didn't. A part of me knows, like I know my own name, that just when you think warm weather is here for sure we have a nice cold snap that freezes all the flowers. And fish if you set them out too soon.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.