Python

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
pinkrblu

Python

Post by pinkrblu »

I can't image life without my Python! I have enough hose that I can hook into the kitchen sink and do water changes on all of the aquariums, even the ones upstairs. I also take my python to the school and hook into the janitor's sink. I haven't had to mop up a spill since Mark bought it for me almost a year ago.
**Disclaimer**The actual Python is quite expensive. You can make your own with a waterbed drain/fill kit and hose, but be careful about what kind of hose you use.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I also use a python on occassion. My biggest problem has also been finding the various connectors to fit on my sink. They are very useful otherwise.

Kevin
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I've got the brass connector that fits most places, but I know what you mean. I never knew there were so many different types of faucet!
~Kenna
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

Good call on the brass fitting. I broke a plastic one on the first use. I couldn't find the waterbed kit, so I bought the Python valve, and did my own hoses.

Peace.
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Yeah, the plastic fitting they include might fit more faucets, but it sure isn't made of very good plastic. We screwed one up trying to take it off, too. Sheesh. I wouldn't think it would have cost them that much to make it a little more sturdy.
~Kenna
McKelvie

Post by McKelvie »

actually mom you have made a BIG spill since you got the python. all over my bedroom i might add. and then you ran away and i had to clean it up. but yeah, the python really does make water changes easier.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

That was your fault. Hey, who let McKelvie on this forum anyway?
~Kenna