Spring has Sprung

Outdoor fishkeeping!
etheonut

Spring has Sprung

Post by etheonut »

Well, at least at my house the annual spring ritual of starting the garden pond running happened today. That is a sure sign that spring is on the way. Looks like my lilies are reaching for the surface, and even with the thick layer of ice this year my duck weed has survived. Now the question is which species of fish to try in the pond, maybe I will try paradise fish this year. Who knows?

Kevin
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Our neighbors were working in their yard today. They have a water garden but since our dog loves to escape and go for a swim in it, I haven't gotten up the courage to go over and discus it with them. :oops:
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

My own water garden, though it is a stretch to call it a garden, suffers from non-aquatic invaders. My biggest pests in the past have been cows. There is nothing quite like getting up in the morning and gazing out on a 600 hundred pound cow standing in the middle of your water garden with the filter wrapped around one leg and a mouthful of water lettuce. To say the least putting up some fences became a priority for me. Hopefully my garben will be more successful this year.

Kevin
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

So far so good, my water lillies have put out a few leaves, and the thin layer of ice on the water in the past week has not killed them. I added a dozen 'feeder' guppies to the pond last night. Those will serve as food for something else down the line I am sure.

Kevin