ALA Convention this Spring

Egglayers keep out!
etheonut

ALA Convention this Spring

Post by etheonut »

The price for the ALA convention in San Antonio, Tx. goes up after the 15th of April. Out of the two conventions (ACA being the other) I think I would like to go to this one. It is closer to home and I have never been to San Antonio before. So, here is the low down.

The actual convention starts on the 2nd. The collecting trip leaves from the hotel that morning. According to Gogglemaps it is a 10 hour drive to San Antonio. Would anyone like to split the costs of attending this convention with me? We would leave Thursday night around 7pm and drive straight through to San Antonio. We would arrive back home sometime Monday morning, exhausted and happy.

Hotel rooms are about $75 a night unless we want to stay in the Hilton where the convention is being held. That is $150 for lodging (Friday and Saturday night). It would take $250 in gas (that is my RAV, maybe yours gets better mileage?). Then there would be various expenses for food, the auction, etc.

Convention w/ collecting $75
Hotel $150
Gas for traveling $250
Food/Auction $100

Me traveling alone total $575 - not happening

Me and You $375 a piece

Me and You and You $305 a piece

I can afford it if one person comes along, the more people we take the cheaper it gets, until the car gets full that is. If you have never been to a convention, this is a wonderful opportunity to try it out.

Kevin
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

what needs paid for in advance? just the room?
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

The $75 Convention/Collecting fee would have to be paid as soon as possible. Apparently the collecting trip is limited in numbers and first come first serve.

Kevin
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

*sigh*

Cris and I had a long conversation about finances last night. Mostly it was about my lack of understanding of how they work. As a result of my new found understanding of finances, I am going to have to back out gracefully from the ALA trip this year. One of these years I will make it to a fish convention. For the time being though, I will have to settle with paying the electric bill.

Kevin