Hello from Rogers

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
tekwyatt

Hello from Rogers

Post by tekwyatt »

Hello to everyone. I just set up a 125G all natural with DIY CO2. I also have a 20G planted alnatural. and the oldest is a 55G with two goldfish and a large Peco for cleaning. I have had tanks before but it has been a time since the last one was working, years. We went all in now and are having fun with all the new fish and plants.
I am looking for a quarintinte tank 15 to 20G as I have a little problem I have been working on. I am going to start adding the same things that are in my tanks now until I find out what is driving the PH up.

It seem that I have the comon problem of very hard water, and some thing in the tanks causes the PH to go up with in 24 hour to 8.2 from 7.4 from the tap. I am on a well. If I leave the water in a bucket by itself. It stays at 7.4 go figure.

When are the meetings and where?

Anyway we live out by the lake ( Beaver) and are just starting to find out about all the different fish and plants. I like to tinker and Diane like the fish. So it all works good. We would like to try and breed so fish with all this water but we need to get the PH down first.

We look forward to getting to a meeting as seeing other aquairum enthusiast.
Moparitus

Post by Moparitus »

Welcome to the group !!!! :D
If you will click on the Club Business "Topic" on the main page you will see threads dealing the the monthly meetings.

This months meeting is this Saturday 2p.m. at the Rogers Police department.

What kind of fish do you have besides Goldfish and Plecos?

Randy
tekwyatt

Post by tekwyatt »

Diane (my wife) is in charge of the fish, so she has picked out about every kind that will go into a comunity tank.

We have Betta both male and female, one female thinks she is a male. Even fights the males off. She is in isolation corner for a time now. Then we have clowns & panda loachs. Long finned peco, platties, 12 tetras, mollies, I can not keep up with the different names. That is more her area, I no more of the tanks plumbing and filtering as I would like to get more natural.
HiroPro

Post by HiroPro »

Welcome!! :D

Concerning your pH problem in your tanks, can you be more specific as to what is in your tanks? Certain rocks used as decoration will raise you pH - limestone will do it.
Ryan
Moparitus

Post by Moparitus »

Cool ! Hope to see ya at the meeting.
dennysfishroom

Welcome

Post by dennysfishroom »

Where on the lake? I'm in between the Lodge and Lost Bridge Village on the north side overlooking the lake. Denny
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Welcome to the forum.

Kevin
Bobby@W.U.W

Post by Bobby@W.U.W »

Welcome tekwyatt! you will have a fun time here. :)
tekwyatt

Post by tekwyatt »

I live on Summer Shade off of Pleasent Ridge by the lake but still close to Rogers.

The rock has been tested for lime and is free. The 20G has the same problem of high PH but no rocks.

Still looking for a 15-20 G to do more testing. I am going to add, one at a time, all the items like in the 125G untill I find what is causing the change.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you at the meeting.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
Moparitus

Post by Moparitus »

I have a 20g tank (Tank & Plexi-glass Top Only) that I will give you. It needs to be cleaned. (Badly)
HiroPro

Post by HiroPro »

am going to add, one at a time, all the items like in the 125G untill I find what is causing the change.
Sounds like a good plan. Let us know what you find out.
Ryan
tekwyatt

Post by tekwyatt »

Moparitus, I will gladly use the tank I have a stand for a 20G and a filter. Are you going to the meeting Sat? Or do you want we to come to your place and if so let me know.
Moparitus

Post by Moparitus »

I will not be able to attend the meeting but I could meet you in Springdale or Lowell at about 4:30 pm tomorrow.

PM me and let me know what ya think.