Finally a fish club

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Finally a fish club

Post by sskruzr »

well let's see, I've had fish for 37 years, so i'm old. I worked in a LFS through high school and then ran one for about 11 years, and having the pleasure of doing all the ordering and getting stuff at cost. I've bred angels on and off since the mid 80's. Currently I have a 180 community, the main inhabitants are 4 Satanoperca leucosticta, 3 Satanoperca Daemon, and one jurupari, a couple of festivums, a couple dozen kerri tetras, 3 clown loach, and a few gourami. The 120 has 3 wild angels, probably all males, and one silver veil female(half wild) with some rummynoses and albino corydoras. The 100 has a breeding pair of black lace angels and 3 balzani eartheaters, (I'd like a couple more,) a jurupari and a rowdy Daemon. The 38 has 2 pearl albino angels and 4 pearl silver angels, hope to get a pair out of this bunch. The 30 houses a breeding pair of half wild silver veil male and standard silver female. The 2 55s house the kids, somewhere around 200 silver/silver veils, there's a few black lace in there. And a 20h with feeder guppies. One day soon I hope to have a 300 or bigger for all the eartheaters. Anyone have one laying around?
I hope to make to the next meeting to get acquainted.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Welcome to the club Sskruzr,

I have always been a big (or small) geophagus fan. I can't wait to get a look at some of those that you have.

Kevin
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Welcome! It is great to see yet another new member. I look forward to meeting you soon.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

just an fyi, I've repaired countless numbers of aquariums and lights over the years, so if someone has a tank or light in need of repair or maybe build one from scratch, I'd be more than willing to help. I JUST HATE TO SEE SOMEONE THROW A TANK AWAY!!!!
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I agree. For a while, I was finding tanks at the flea market in Cassville all the time for next to nothing. I never bought any of them because I just didn't have the time to do any thing with them. I guess I should go see what they have now.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.