killie flag fish

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
ajgarcia

killie flag fish

Post by ajgarcia »

Hi, my name is Aaron and Im new here, I got a question for experienced killie fish breeders. I was able to get my flag fish to breed, but I how I raise the fry? Also i put off starting up an inforsia culture :( . So any help I can get from more experienced killie breeders helps. Also any help I can get will all help in the long run :D. Thanks!!
if the grass is greener on the other side then i bet the water bill is higher too :D
sumpnfishy

Re: killie flag fish

Post by sumpnfishy »

Flag fish fry should be able to take baby brine shrimp at about a week, but I imagine the best be may be something like liquifry, or APR (artificial plankton rotifer) if you have access to it. If you have algae in the tank they will probably pick at that as well. Often times the best bet for tiny fry is a "dirty" tank. I don't mean a lack of water changes, but leaving some of the gunk in the bottom of the tank. A lot of tiny critters live in that stuff.
Good luck!
Michael
Dinosfishhouse

Post by Dinosfishhouse »

Take a lettuce leaf, crush it up in your hand.
Place it somewhere indoors where it would get direct sunlight, in a bowl.
Top off the bowl with water drained off an aquarium.
In 24 hours, you should have green water, which is a good first food for small fry.

I use this method with tetras, barbs and rams.
200 aquaria
112 species of fish
31 species of plants
7 species of freshwater shrimp
ajgarcia

Post by ajgarcia »

HI,
Thanks for all the help guys/women all of that info is gonna help those little frys. :D
sincerely,
Aaron
if the grass is greener on the other side then i bet the water bill is higher too :D