Greetings from kansas

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
ajgarcia

Greetings from kansas

Post by ajgarcia »

HI
You can't leave Kansas out of the forums :wink: . Well im new here joined a few days ago actually. My family has always had fish tanks starting with my grandpa,then my dad got into it when he was young and when my dad got older he actually raised and bred discus cichlids :D. Sadly the good times cant last my dad had past away when i was 2 years of age,so then i was entrusted with the garcia fish tank tradition, as much as my mom disapproved of it i got into it. =)
My grandpa had a 75 gallon salt water reef tank as well he had a 200 gallon fresh water tank he is still alive and he is 67. Right now he only has a little 1 gallon tank with a 2 feeder guppies he saved from a fish store :D . My dad as i said before bred discus, he had a 55 gallon tank but since he died while i was so young it became sad looking so my mom sold it, :( .Now back to me, i will be going into highschool as a freshman and currently i have a 29 gallon tank that has 2 half dollar body sized angel fish ,4 juvenile german blue rams, 2 flag fish , these 2 have actually mated recently, one 6in pleco , and a few guppies that i bred my self, and a marbled crayfish :D .
thanks for reading =)

sincerely,
Aaron
if the grass is greener on the other side then i bet the water bill is higher too :D
Sundance

Re: Greetings from kansas

Post by Sundance »

Welcome to NWAAS. I'm always glad to see young people get involved in the hobby. Denny
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Thanks for the introduction, Aaron! Yup, sounds like aquariums are in your genes... May you always have at least one tank running.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We don't know all the answers, but between all of us, someone probably can help. I look forward to your input on the forum!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
paramedic07

Post by paramedic07 »

AH BREEDING DISCUS AND KEEPING THEM. GOOD TIMES.

HAVING DISCUS, WELL AN OBSESSION WITH DISCUS, IS A GREAT THING TO HAVE. HAVE FUN.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Greetings and welcome to the forum. We look forward to hearing more from you in the upcoming months.

Kevin