Barbs

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Barbs

Post by dennysfishroom »

Once we get back in town, I may try setting up some tanks to attempt to spawn barbs. I've got 3-4 different varieties I could try although I'll probably start with Rosey barbs. I managed to pick up some LF females last week to go with the 3 males and 1 female I already had. My goal is to try for a LF Neon Red eventually. I'm sure someone has already developed it somewhere, but I haven't seen it in my travels. AB has an auction for some pretty rare barbs that I'm watching, but it's pretty expensive. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Airbrusher

Re: Barbs

Post by Airbrusher »

I think Barbs are really cool fish and i've always had some in my tanks....Although, I've never really understood why the rosy barb doesn't seem to have the same body shape as the other barbs so i've never kept them together....they look like a different species or something to me...is that right? Our living room tank is a planted Barb tank with Tigers, Greens, and Albinos, and i'd love to have a red version of these fish in my tank....Since were on the subject of Barbs, are there any other Barb color variations available that i'm not aware of?
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Color varieties of Tiger Barb I think you have covered, but as far as different species of barb, the list goes on and on.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've got some emerald green tiger barbs, and some blushing tiger barbs. The Rosey barbs are another species, but should be okay with the tiger barbs unless they get really a lot bigger. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!