Back to School

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
pinkrblu

Back to School

Post by pinkrblu »

Just wondered how everyone that is involved in the yearly ritual of "Back to School" is doing just about now. In our house, that is everyone.

McKelvie is starting her Sophomore year at PCHS. Having spent the summer in Tennessee, she is looking forward to the chance to reconnect with her friends, but not to having to get out of bed before noon.

Nicole is starting the 8th grade. She was eager enough to go pick up her schedule today...but not eager enough to have picked it up last week, like she was supposed to.

Mattie is a big third grader and has had her backpack filled with the required 24 yellow #2 pencils, packages of notebook filler paper, crayons, markers, and the mysterious index cards...she can't wait to find out what they are for (nope, not flash cards-they were on the shopping list, too.)

They start school Thursday. My classes started today. Biology 101, World Lit II, Educational Psychology and Intermediate Algebra (why can't they just have you sign a paper that says you will never attempt any algebraic equations the rest of your life instead of making you take these classes?) I only have one class on campus, the rest online.

And Mark? Yes, he too is affected by the start of school, since I am still on crutches it is up to him to make sure everyone is where they need to be at the appointed times. Poor Mark. When I get back on two feet, I am going to have to do something really nice for him.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
TylerMatheny

Post by TylerMatheny »

I started school Monday. I am a Junior this year. School, football, and work take up all my time and I have little to do anything I want now.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I've done something in all of my classes now. McKelvie, Mattie and I cleaned the main tank at the elementary school yesterday in preparation for open house last night. The speech teacher had me break her tank down for the summer and put her fish in the main school tank. I've got her filter running on one of my tanks and am going to go set the tank back up next week.
Kevin??? How about you? Get everything going yet?
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I am getting a new tank started for the OT/PT room this year. Otherwise I just have the one 55 in my room. I just leave it up and running all summer. They go on a maintenance schedule. They are always very glad to see the beginning of the school year.

Kevin