False Spring

Outdoor fishkeeping!
dennysfishroom

False Spring

Post by dennysfishroom »

I'm sure we're still going to have more winter, so I'm not going to move my goldfish out to the ponds yet.... but I was looking at my ponds today. 2 of the 100 gallon still have ice, and the other doesn't. The 300 gallon has ice, but the pond is clear. Go figure. I did see 2 goldfish in the one 100 gallon that was clear. I probably should start thinking about what I'm going to stock them with this spring. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: False Spring

Post by mewickham »

Don probably has some convicts you could use. :) It sure would be nice if the really cold weather was behind us.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Yeah... Dream on, guys. We still have plenty of cold ahead. We took the opportunity yesterday to barbeque for dinner, and this afternoon gave the dogs baths and did some yard work.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
godscreaturespetshop

Post by godscreaturespetshop »

Ohhh do I have some convicts!
I wish that auction would get here!
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I am working on that convict population and my pike cichlids are getting fat.
I just hope I can get the population down before they start breeding in your tank.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I decided to scoop out some of the leaves and debris in my containers today. The 300 in particular was looking cloudy and gray. Low and behold, it looks like we had a drowning in that tank. Couldn't tell for sure because the fur was gone, but I suspect a squirrel committed suicide in there. Not sure how much I actually got out (or maybe more accurately, how much is still in there), but I'll probably fire up the pond pump sometime this week. I've got some black foam coming to seal the waterfall, and then I'll get that one going too. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!