High pressure power washer

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
dennysfishroom

High pressure power washer

Post by dennysfishroom »

As you know if you've been over to see my fish, I am using rectangular poly filter pads in my central systems. When I clean the filters (2-3 per system), it has always taken me 5-10 per pad to get them semi-clean, and I'm running water the whole time and bent over the sink. I decided there had to be an easier way. After several false starts, I tried Mikes power washer. It worked so-so, but the filter pads had dried out somewhat. Finally I broke down and got one myself today. tried it on some wet filters and was really impressed with the results. The only potential problem I see (other than having one more gas engine around) is what will happen over time to the filter pads after being washed repeatedly with the high pressure water stream. At least it works for now. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: High pressure power washer

Post by mewickham »

Glad to hear that it worked out for you, Denny!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Why not use one of those hose nozzles that makes fine stream of water so it doesn't break down the pad so bad?
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

That would be too easy. I'm not sure how much pressure you really need. So far it didn't affect the thicker pads I had (1") only the thinner ones (1/2").
If it was easy, anyone could do it!