Rosey Danios

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Rosey Danios

Post by dennysfishroom »

I had put my 2 Rosey Danios (my only Rosey Danios) together to try to get a spawn. The female wasn't extraordinarily fat, but I thought why not give it a try? After several days together I couldn't tell whether there had been any activity, and I didn't notice any eggs in the tank, so I took the parents out. I did check the tank periodically over the next week, but I didn't see anything. Today I was passing the tank, and noticed some movement. I had live daphnia in there, so wasn't really expecting anything, but surprise, surprise. I have Rosey Danio fry. This is a very pretty danio that I've only seen the one tome I got mine (and they were the only one in the tank). Hopefully, I'll have enough for the fall auctions, and we can get them available in this area. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
pinkrblu

Re: Rosey Danios

Post by pinkrblu »

Very nice! How about some pictures?
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Cool fish! I had to look it up because I didn't recognize the name, but I had seen them a time or two.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

They are so small that I'm not sure anything would show up in a picture right now, unless I put them under the microscope. I'm not even sure how many I've got right now. As soon as they have a little more size I'll see what I can do. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think I've got about 25-30 Rosey Danios that are probably half grown now. Hard to count when they're moving around all the time. I'm going to set up another breeding attempt this week, and maybe some cories, my marble BN's, and possibly a group of my L333's. Many of these may show up at auctions this fall. Denny