Obsolete Airpump diaphragm

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
snakeskinner

Obsolete Airpump diaphragm

Post by snakeskinner »

ok guys (by guys I mean Mike Wickham). I picked up a used air pump last year and went to use it this year and found the diaphragm's are cracked. This air pump was made by Hagen and is called "The pump" and this one is a 20 series. I searched long and hard for parts and finally found this pump listed on Hagen's website. I called them and they said the pump has been discontinued since 2006 and nobody has any parts. Soooooo, I am trying to figure out how I can locate either some obsolete parts or find a way to jerry-rig, or I mean "adapt" something else to work.. any ideas??? I figured Mike is the equipment guru so maybe he can help??? thanks, KYle
Okarche, OK
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Obsolete Airpump diaphragm

Post by mewickham »

Funny, I was looking for information on that pump recently to pass on to someone else, but found it was no longer available. Those are really quiet, good pumps, but I have never had one open to see what is inside. You may, however, be able to find parts. I don't believe that Hagen made that item, but slapped their name on a pump made by someone else. So you may be able to find parts under another brand name. I recently saw such a pump on the Eugene Danner (Supreme) site that I believe is the same item. I have seen it under other brand names, too. So you might try searching "linear air pumps" and see what pops up. I think Thomas is another brand name that I remember seeing.

Good luck with your search.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
snakeskinner

Re: Obsolete Airpump diaphragm

Post by snakeskinner »

thanks, I saw some of those Danner pumps doing a search and noticed they look very similar. I may check them out. KYle
Okarche, OK