I'm new and wanted to say hi

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
aulonocaraaddict

Re: I'm new and wanted to say hi

Post by aulonocaraaddict »

Thanks for your thoughts. I never seen a flower pot that had been in for awhile. Where did you purchase the flower pots if you don't mind me asking? Do you still have the fire uganda? I have a perfect home set up for them. Thanks again!
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Flower Pots = Wal Mart or any store that sells gardening supplies. I usually try to rinse them off in hot water before using them. Also, if they come with stickers on them, they come off easier after a nice hot bath.

Kevin
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

By the way, it may not be clear from the other postings, but clay flowerpots are the type often used.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

And it's getting harder and harder to find the clay ones. Everybody is going to plastic it seems. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
aulonocaraaddict

Thanks, I looked at walmart and I couldn't find the big strawberry planters that I really like. Guess I will have to look around. Any of you guys do any of the diy styro background with cement or fake caves? Seen some on youtube that looked interesting Thanks for your time!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

There was a seminar at MCA in KC a few weeks ago about doing just that. Interesting. Mike W. actually bought one at their auction. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
aulonocaraaddict

dennysfishroom wrote:There was a seminar at MCA in KC a few weeks ago about doing just that. Interesting. Mike W. actually bought one at their auction. Denny

Really, that would have been so neat! I wonder how he liked it? What size was it for? Hmmmm....I have been thinking about doing that but don't know if I want to tear my whole cycled tank down...
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I bought a 20H at auction that the speaker had done. He did it more as a paludarium than as an aquarium-- though it can be used either way. The background was well done and has three waterfalls that keep nearly the entire back wet. It's a pretty cool tank, but I don't really have room for another. I may end up putting the tank into our spring auction. There is an article on how to do it in the HAAS newsletter: http://kcfishclub.org/attachments/120_2009Q3HAASNEWS.pdf
_DSC6873a.jpg
_DSC6873a.jpg (135.06 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
_DSC6873a.jpg
_DSC6873a.jpg (135.06 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Mike Wickham
aulonocaraaddict

Wow that's amazing! So beautiful. When is the spring auction. I'm interested in it. I doubt my first one would even come close to that lol. And I would have to make one much much larger. Thanks for the link!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

sluyterbp wrote:When is the spring auction
March 27, 2010, noon to ?

There's some information in the Auction Planning Subforum. This will be our first big auction and it is still in the planning/development stage.
Mike Wickham
aulonocaraaddict

Thanks. That sounds like it will be fun, maybe I will be able to go (I sure hope so!). Sometimes its hard to get out with 2 little boys but I am sure going to try.