Caught in the act

Scavengers - Predators - Algae-eaters
Jackielee

Caught in the act

Post by Jackielee »

Late last week my corys were spawning like crazy. Since I am new to the site I thought i would post some pictures of the activity.

They spawned into the afternoon and the babies are hatching out pretty well already.

jack

mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Caught in the act

Post by mewickham »

Cool photos! Corydoras catfish were my favorite fish to spawn when I was younger. The fry always reminded me of tadpoles with whiskers. I was in World Under Water the other day, and one of the tanks had cory eggs all over the front. The strange thing was that all the cories looked too young to be spawning.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Corys are cool I am workingon some piranha now too in reference to an avatar I saw.

They are not eggs now:

photo

Short clip

they are kind of like tiny tadpoles.

Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just out of curiosity, do you remove the eggs or the parents? I'm having a really lousy hatch percentage when I take the eggs out. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

I always remove the eggs but have known some who remove the parents. Quite a few do not hatch but generally I get more than I can deal with over time. I have better hatch results if i fill the container i put the eggs in about half full of water from the parent's tank. Just something I have experimented with a little.

Jack
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Great photos. Thanks for posting them. I love cories, too. They are such a cool fish. I had one spawn just before an ice storm and then they never spawned again.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.