Road Trip 010110

Post your favorite aquarium related pics.
dennysfishroom

Road Trip 010110

Post by dennysfishroom »

I just posted some pics of our first 2010 read trip on the Gallery. Unfortunately, I pulled a Mike W., and ran out of battery before we were finished, so wasn't able to take any pictures of God's Creatures Pet Shop.
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
godscreaturespetshop

Re: Road Trip 010110

Post by godscreaturespetshop »

:shock:
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Where are the pictures posted?

Jack
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Click on the Gallery link in the top navbar to find the picture posting area of our site. I'll add some of my photos in the next day or two.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Okoscar

Post by Okoscar »

Why do some of the pics come out yellow? Almost everyone I take does this, and really bothers me that that I cannot correct this. HELP!!!!!!!!!! :?
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think it's a combination of flash/no flash and what setting I use or forget to change to. One of the problems with point and shoot. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Actually, if it's in my tanks it might also be an indication that I need to do a heavier carbon filtration. Denny
Okoscar

Post by Okoscar »

I wondered if it was the camera I was using, Polaroid izone 300 is not exactly what I would call quality but I know very little about photography. I think my wife does need that new camera she's been wanting. :lol:
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Okoscar wrote:Why do some of the pics come out yellow? Almost everyone I take does this, and really bothers me that that I cannot correct this. HELP!!!!!!!!!! :?
A number of things can cause yellow pictures. The most common reason is shooting in incandescent light while using daylight film, or with a digital camera whose white balance is set for daylight or flash. Incandescent light is slightly yellow. There are remedies. If you shoot film, you must buy a special film that's rated for indoor, incandescent light, or buy a special blue filter to compensate. Then the photo won't look yellow when it's developed. If you are shooting digital, you must set the white balance of the camera for the light where you are shooting. Many cameras have a special setting for incandescent, and you merely dial it up or pick it from a menu when you want to shoot using incandescent light. The pictures will come out looking right. There are other procedures for setting white balance that vary by camera. Check your manual. You can also change the white balance of digital photos in Photoshop or other photo editing program.

In the case of the photos Denny shot, the yellow looks like the result of the lighting. Perhaps there were metal halide bulbs over the tank, which can also give a yellow cast, depending on the color temperature of the bulb. Also those shots were of tanks with BIG fish. Big fish put out a lot of waste, which yellows the water. The water was slightly yellow in those tanks.
Mike Wickham
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I'm really sorry that I haven't had time to post many of the pictures that I took on the trip, but here's what has gone up so far:

Here are some of Jack's (Jackielee's) discus guarding eggs:

Here's one of Jack's red-bellied pacus:

And here's one of Jack's giant gouramies:
Mike Wickham
godscreaturespetshop

Post by godscreaturespetshop »

Them are NICE pictures Mike.