I am in control

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
Dinosfishhouse

I am in control

Post by Dinosfishhouse »

So it is a running joke down at the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association that, I control my hobby, my hobby does not control me.

Never mind that:

I plan my vacations around fish events

I spend more a month on fish food, than I do food for myself

My fishhouse is half the size of the house I live in

Anytime I am in a new city, the first thing I do is check the phone book to look for fish stores

I am not really looking forward to next months auction , as by then, the rumour that I have bough out one of the club member's fishroom, will have sure to begun circulating.

But, hey, I needed 40 more tanks.

Besides, I think most of us here, if given the chance, would not pass up, 40 tanks, the equipment needed to run them, a blower and air system for the 40 tanks, and 20 pounds of frozen food for $1000. The largest tank and the only one with a stand is a 150. That alone is worth $1000. All other tanks are 55 or smaller.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

There's a fishroom with 65 tanks for sale for $500 in northern Iowa. One, I don't have the money, and two that gas and and truck rental to get it would be a fortune, but oh how I wish!!
I know what you mean about controlling your hobby. I plan my vacations around fish events, and spend more time feeding the fish than I do my family!!
Michael
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I'm confused. Sounds perfectly normal to me! :D
nativefish

Post by nativefish »

Hey some of the best quality time I get to spend with my 10 year old daughter is wading and collecting in a nice cool Missouri stream. It's a good time to talk, learn and just have fun for her and I. Hopefull soon my 4 year old daughter will start going with us. We just went on a little trip last weekend I guess a last trip before school starts. The only thing she hates sometimes is the long drives but it is all worth it when we get there.

Brad

I also have more tanks than I know what to do with at the moment but I will use them again someday. I can't even imagine how much I have spent on my hobby but I know it would scare me and maybe make wonder why! I most likely wouldn't change a thing though.