My various cichlids

From angelfish to zebra cichlids
pinkrblu

My various cichlids

Post by pinkrblu »

Our household has several types of cichlids, but none of the type usually thought of. We have five angels, three discus, a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides, and blue rams.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I would say that the first two are rarely known to be cichlids by non-enthusiasts, but they are definately in my mind when I think of cichlids! I've never yet kept angelfish, but discus are my wife's love and I've kept several species of apistos.
Michael
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Thats sounds like a good selection of cichlids to me. I have always been a huge angel fan. Discus are nice, a little drab compared to my Lepomis megalotis, but not bad at all. I have tried my hand at apistos several times without success, maybe you all con get me going in the right direction on those for once, eh?

Kevin
McKelvie

Post by McKelvie »

DISCUS ARE NOT DRAB.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

hmmm, maybe drab is too strong a word :wink: We definitely need to introduce you to a big, male longeared sunfish though. Discus are amazing fish, but they just don't compare :)
McKelvie

Post by McKelvie »

whatever kevin. i don't think you know what you are talking about.
okay, so i will admit that i have never actually seen a long eared sunfish. but i am pretty sure they can't compare.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

"never actually seen a long eared sunfish"

We will surely take care of that unfortunate condition this summer, even if we have to hire several guys to hold umbrellas for you at the river.

Don't get me wrong. I am quite the discus nut, and I am quite jealous that you own three to my none. They are lovely fish. I can still remember though the first time I managed to catch an adult male Longear out of a creek. I immediately fell head over heels in love with them.

Kevin
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

I showed McKelvie the longeared sunfish in my Axelrod's Mini Atlas and then did an image search on Google. She stopped arguing. Doesn't mean she agrees, but at least she stopped arguing. Sheesh.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.