corydoras melini

Scavengers - Predators - Algae-eaters
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

corydoras melini

Post by sskruzr »

I bought 5 of these from SD a few months and finally got around to setting them up in a species tank. It's an antique angle iron frame tank that I got off Ebay last year, about 12 gallons. I placed a Coralife 28w strip light on it, fit perfectly, and filtered it with a Whisper Jr, and temp is set at around 75 degrees, with a play sand substrate. I put in a few plants mainly java moss and hygro. I started dumping blackworms in last week, not knowing if anything would happen as I'm pretty sure it's one female and 4 males. Well last night they spawned and there's eggs scattered around the tank. Seems they scatter individual eggs around the tank instead of small batches.
Question is, do I remove the adults? Do I remove the eggs and incubate? Hopefully this won't be the only spawn from this bunch.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Re: corydoras melini

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've had both ways work, but neither resulted in a large percentage of hatch. Good luck. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I'd remove the adults.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Well these guys spawned again. The blackworms are doing the trick. I didn't remove the adults just to see of something would turn up. Friday night I thought something moving on the bottom, hard to tell with all the java moss, but it's confirmed, there's at least 2 in there swimming around. I put some microworms in there every once in a while.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

How, cool! Baby cory cats are so cute. They look like little tadpoles with whiskers and are often marked dramatically differently than adults.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair