Fishroom pumps

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Fishroom pumps

Post by sskruzr »

I'm getting ready to rebuild my fishroom and wanna get an efficient pump to supply air to all the tanks. Probably no more than 20 outlets and none deeper than 24", mainly 16" to 20'. I'm leaning towards a linear pump from Jehmco, but looking here for any suggestions.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I love my Jehmco linear. The pump itself is almost silent and puts out a ton of air.
Michael
dennysfishroom

Air pumps

Post by dennysfishroom »

I was considering going to a linear piston for my fishroom, but found I wasn't going to save a lot of energy over my Gast regenerative, so didn't do it. The one thing that I did run across when I was trying to decide is that there are at least 2 types of linear pistons out there. One type has a diaphragm that needs to be replaced every few years, and the other has a floating metal piston (?). I don't remember what brands were which, but I believe the type with the diaphragm were less expensive. Denny
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

The Jehmco pumps are linear piston pumps. They are very good for applications where there are numerous outlets at greater depth. They actually are very efficient as far as electricity goes but I'm not sure of the stats. I know I hardly noticed adding a linear, but when I used a blower it was a noticeable jump in the electric bill.