Who Wants Live Blackworms (for arrival 08/13/2010)?

Tasty nutrition for your fish
mewickham
NWAAS President

Who Wants Live Blackworms (for arrival 08/13/2010)?

Post by mewickham »

It's that time again. We band together now and then to get a great price on live blackworms. Practically all fish love them and it's fun to offer them to our fishy friends. We need to order a total of five pounds to get a good price. If you would like to order some, details are below:

Pick-up
You would be responsible for picking up your worms at my house in Rogers on the day that they arrive—probably Friday (08/13/2010)—but I do have limited capacity to store up to a pound or so for delivery to the monthly meeting on (08/14/2010).

Price
The price would be the same as I actually end up paying, rounded up to the nearest dollar. It should work out to $13 for one pound, or $7 for a half pound. If you want to order, post a note here.

Payment
Once we confirm that we have enough participating to place an order, you can go to https://paypal.com and click on the "Send Money" link to pay. Follow the instructions to send money to my account (info@mikewickham.com). If the price ends up being less, I'll refund the difference when you pick up your worms. Or you can pay cash when you pick up the worms. (I'll take a check, but prefer cash so that I don't have to make a special trip to the bank.)

Guarantee
I make no guarantee beyond what the shipper offers to us (live arrival).

Care
Live blackworms are very easy to keep. I use a mini cat litter pan (10" x 14"). I place a pound of worms in it, in about a half-inch of water, and place the whole thing in the refrigerator. The worms should be rinsed every day at first, but as quantities dwindle, and they clean themselves out, they can be rinsed less often. No aeration or feeding is necessary. They last for weeks.

To rinse the worms, I merely stick the pan of worms under a faucet and run pure cold water to fill it up. Then I let the worms settle and pour off the dirty water. Repeat a time or two until the water is clean. Stick it back in the fridge.

Cutoff date
Cutoff date to order is this Tuesday morning, 08/10/2010. You can post here if you want some.

Fish go nuts for these worms, so here's your chance to spoil your fish and have some fun watching them worm wrestle! Live foods encourage breeding of your fishes!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Re: Who Wants Live Blackworms (for arrival 08/13/2010)?

Post by sskruzr »

I'm in for at least 2
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Who Wants Live Blackworms (for arrival 08/13/2010)?

Post by mewickham »

I'm in for 1/2 pound.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair