Expansion

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
dennysfishroom

Expansion

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've just about completed my expansion in the garage. I've added 6 x 40L and the new turtle tank @300 gallons. I've still got to pick up the 6th tank, and then decide what I'm going to do for air, lights, water and filtration. This is one project that I'm trying to use all the "stuff" I have around the house to try to de-clutter downstairs. I think I still have a lot to do to get that done. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Re: Expansion

Post by sskruzr »

There room in the garage for the chickens?????
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

They don't like to swim. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've got a couple pictures of this expansion in the gallery under Denny's Photos. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Don't you just love mag-drive pumps? I added more than twice the water to the system out in the garage, and it's still pumping water to everything. All 6 40's are now on line as is the 300 gallon stock tank. I can add all the turtles to the stock tank as soon as I decide how I'm going to give them access to the dry area and basking light. I guess I need to figure what I'm going to use for sides on the dry area, too. Denny
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Something I have used for the basking area in a large tub before is a milk crate. It is sturdy and has many areas that allow for objects to be attached to with zipties. This allows for the basking area to still be pleasing to the eye if it is going to be seen by the public.

Kevin
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've got the basking area already, but it's about 4-6 inches above the water level. I've got to figure out how to give them a way up. I'll take a picture once I decide what I'm going to do. Denny