Blind cave tetras anyone?

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Blind cave tetras anyone?

Post by sskruzr »

Sundance and I took a short roadtrip to Neosho yesterday afternoon to hit the 2 shops there. I hadn't there for a while and wanted to see if Claws n Paws still had some blind cave tetras. They still had the 5 I noticed a year ago. (should be mature by now) Originally they were $2.50 when I started looking at them but the price was reduced to $2ea. How could I pass it up? They were the second egglayer I spawned some 25 years ago. While paying for them, I asked the clerk if he was gonna re-stock them, well knowing he wasn't, and of course I got the look I expected, "you gotta be kidding, I'm happy to free up the tank space", but said he didn't think so.

Well once I get them conditioned and determine that I have both sexws, you should be seeing some of these gems at the club auctions. :D
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
Jackielee

Re: Blind cave tetras anyone?

Post by Jackielee »

Neat find. It is fun to revisit some fish you had years ago. I have been able to get a few fish like that and really have enjoyed it.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Blind cave fish are definitely interesting. They can be nippy little devils, though. They were slow movers for me, too, when I was a retailer.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Well I had to move the caves to their own tank, they kept nipping the angels fins. So now they've been in a 15 for a few weeks getting filled up on blackworms brine shrimp and pellets. Looks like 4 females and one stud. Next week end we'll find out. Gonna spawn them in a bare 5 1/2 w/plastic canvas to keep the expectant parents from eating the eggs.
Corey Mohrhauser
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Well the first attempt was a bust. Evidently they didn't each other that much. I returned them to their own tank. May try it again next week.
Corey Mohrhauser