Blackworm keeper

Tasty nutrition for your fish
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Blackworm keeper

Post by sskruzr »

Well I saw a design for using a Tupperware container as a blackworm keeper with some pvc fittings, a tube underneath it, and an airstone to keep a flow of water going. This worked pretty well except for trying to set it somewhere. It wasn't easy placing it somewhere, but was easy changing water and it didn't need it but every third day. So Denny came over today and brought his glass drill bit. In a matter of minutes we had 2 holes drilled in the opposite sides of a 10 gallon. Tomorrow I plan on getting the pvc pieces to get it going. This way I should be able set it anywhere a 10 gallon would set. Hopefully this will support 2 pounds of worms, one pound for sure. Stay tuned, I'll post a pic when it's up and running.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
Jackielee

Re: Blackworm keeper

Post by Jackielee »

Pictures, pictures, pictures!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Well I know he drilled the tank yesterday (since I was there). It will be interesting to see the finished product. I also took him my "pair" of BG Jack Dempseys. Now we'll see how honorable the people are who I bought them from. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

So have you tried this yet? How did it work? Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

It's been up and running for about a week. I had a lot of initial die-off even with a daily 50% water change. As I was digging through one of my too many boxes of fish stuff, I came across a sponge pre-filter. I slipped this over the intake of a mini Whisper HOB filter and now the water is clearer and the worms seam to be doing better. I'll try and remember to take a pic tomorrow night.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP