Second snow storm (or third???)

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
dennysfishroom

Second snow storm (or third???)

Post by dennysfishroom »

Well, I think the snow has finally stopped. Sun's not out, but I don't see any new flakes. I got the cars cleaned off, a path shoveled around both of them, and I started on the driveway. I got maybe a quarter of it semi-cleared. With much warmer temps in a few days, I'm not sure how thorough I'm going to be. Fortunately, I can push it across the driveway, and only have to lift once each pass. We'll have to see if we're free by Friday. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
pinkrblu

Re: Second snow storm (or third???)

Post by pinkrblu »

They have already canceled school for the girls tomorrow. I only have one class, so I will probably not even try to get out.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I've helped get three stuck vehicles off of my street today including an ambulance that had just dropped a patient off at her house. The snow in our front yard is up to the bowl on the bird bath and even out in the street it is up to my knees. Taco Bueno was closed today but if we open tomorrow I'm not sure I can get there unless they really get the roads cleared off....yeah, sure they will!
Michael
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think we could get out if we had to today. I don't think I've ever moved as much snow as I have yesterday and today. I took it from 10-12 inches down to 2-4 inches, and the driveway is about 100 yards long (at least where I shoveled). Now I have to decide whether to make it "neater" than it is, or just wait for the melt. Not much traffic on Slate Gap, but at least it has been plowed (including my driveway entrance). We may try to get out tomorrow just to see how bad the driving is. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Anybody been out driving around? I'm trying to get a feel for how the roads are. I may try to get into town tomorrow unless you tell me it's just too bad. Denny
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I've been in and out the last 2 days. Had to walk 5 blocks home yesterday cause the 2wd neighbors couldn't leave their cars in their driveways, so the street was blocked.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
kribkid17

Post by kribkid17 »

We have 2 feet of snow :0
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Our highways are finally clear... sort of. There was snow blowing across the road this afternoon when we were heading home, causing slick spots. The side roads are still just plain horrible. This is insane.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.