Shaking?

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
pinkrblu

Shaking?

Post by pinkrblu »

Looks like my Arkansas friends are doing a little shaking! I've been watching the frequent quakes centered around Guy, but they have mostly been under 3.0.... Tonight they had a 3.8 and a 4.7.

My brother lives in California and used to have a large aquarium. He would judge the size of the quake by the amount of water that splashed out.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
pinkrblu

Re: Shaking?

Post by pinkrblu »

Scratch that 3.8. It was "deleted after review" but the 4.7 stands, having been felt all over the state, and even in Joplin and Springfield.
~Kenna
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Sorry, slept like a baby. And no I didn't cry all night.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

These are some very interesting quakes. Have you all been following the news about the suspected causes?

Kevin
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Sharon felt the quake in the main part of the house. She came into my office and asked me if I felt "that." But we were having a thunderstorm at the time, so she thought it was thunder shaking the house. She later saw on the news that it was an earthquake. I didn't feel it in my office, but it's on a concrete pad which, I guess, didn't vibrate as much as the wooden structure of the house. Then again, I had the TV turned up and aquarium are bubbling. And maybe I just thought it was thunder, too.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Keelo

Post by Keelo »

Yeah i dont think i felt it either... i hearda thunderboom and then the house shook for a split second, like it does when the sound was so loud but it wasn't anything that got my attention. I didnt even know till i got on facebook and all my friends where posting about it! i havn't watched the news about it but i probably should.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Turns out Nicole actually felt it, but didn't know it was an earthquake. She was upstairs, on a bunk bed. When I said something about the earthquake tonight, she said "Wait... When was it?" She said that just a little while after she went to bed, the bed started shaking. She decided it HAD to be the storm, even though it wasn't really storming here at that time. Now she is a little freaked out about it.
~Kenna