Bettas 4 Sale!

Dealers may post specials, newsletters, events, etc. Everyone may post discussions of fishes or dry goods you may have seen available at local stores.
Forum rules
Everyone:
This section is for everyone to post specials or notes about interesting fish and items that they may have seen in a local store. It is NOT for discussing the stores' business practices or customer disputes. Please keep it friendly and related to the topic at hand. Any other content will be deleted.

Dealers:
Please feel free to post your new arrivals, specials, newsletters, events, and so forth. We appreciate our local dealers and want to help you grow your business. It is NWAAS' way of giving back to the stores that support our fabulous hobby.
NOTE: By "dealers" we mean aquarium-related businesses, such as aquarium stores, pet shops, breeders, and other businesses that sell aquarium livestock and/or supplies.
Chard56

Bettas 4 Sale!

Post by Chard56 »

Since Exotic Tropicals is going out of business the account I thought I had is now useless. I am still looking for Fish store petshop(s) to sell my Bettas to. I've been selling on Aquabid and several forums since last August and have over 500 adult Bettas available for sale. From Halfmoon, Crowntail and Traditional Plakats to Skyhawk, Butterfly and Doubletail Halfmoons and assorted Crowntails. I'm working on a Giant Purple line (not yet available) and several other tailtypes and colors. Any and all enquiries whether wholesale or not are welcome. Thanks, Richard
Chard56

Re: Bettas 4 Sale!

Post by Chard56 »

A picture's worth a thousand words. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image This next one's coloring reminds me of a Triple Yellow Headed Amazon I had 34 years ago. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Those are some gorgeous fish!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

Why thank you sir! Now if I can just find a couple of stores in a 100 mile radius to sell them I can relax a little. I was breeding them like mad in preparation to supply a hundred a week to a chain pet store. Then they backed out/I refused to sell them anymore so I have 2,000 of them now.
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Would it be possible to come view them? I might interested in a couple just not hundreds lol
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

2000 bettas sounds like a destination worthy of a club field trip, if you would be interested in having us.

You're probably familiar with all the stores local to our club, shown on our map HERE. There are also, I believe, two stores in Neosho that aren't far away. Perhaps one of the Missouri folks can jump in with the store names. There are some stores in the Fort Smith area. A list of those we recently visited is HERE. I don't know where you are, so these may not be within 100 miles of you.

The club regularly makes trips to the Kansas City area to attend Heart of America Aquarium Society (HAAS) events or go on shop hops. There are a LOT of stores up there. It might be worth it to make a trip up there to make delivery rounds. If running a KC route sounds too overwhelming, perhaps you could hook up with one of the club members at HAAS to act as your agent? You could deliver bettas to them, then they could make the delivery rounds to the stores for a cut. You can find their club forum at http://kcfishclub.org.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

Wow! Ask and ye shall recieve. That's more information and good suggestions than I've gotten out of anyone else in three years! I just moved here to Harrison last month and am still trying to arrange the rest of the place. Of coarse the Bettas get first priority so they got settled in first. I'd be happy to show off my Beauties. Just give me a call before hand so I can make an appointment for you. Thanks, Richard (870) 416-5607
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

A group field trip would be awesome lol. I really would like to come out and see them! Whats pricing like on them?
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Noah's Ark and Claws n Paws are the shops in Neosh.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Just as close as Neosho is Cichlids and Salt in in Springfield, Missouri and there are shops in Aurora and Cassville, Mo.

I haven't made it to the shop in Aurora yet, but the one in Cassville is sort a Mom and Pop simple place.

Kevin
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

etheonut wrote:Just as close as Neosho is Cichlids and Salt in in Springfield, Missouri and there are shops in Aurora and Cassville, Mo.

I haven't made it to the shop in Aurora yet, but the one in Cassville is sort a Mom and Pop simple place.

Kevin
I bought my Quetzal trio from Cichlids and Salt last year. I remember them having Bettas a couple years ago but the owner said he didn't deal in Bettas when I talked to him this last spring. Don't bother suggesting Pet warehouse as that's the one that I had a "falling out" with. I am in negotiations with a store in Minnesota right now. It sounds like I should not have backed off my breeding program. He wants HM's HMPK's and CTPK's at 50 or more a week. I just don't have that many of each right now. Then I'll still have SuperDeltas Crowntails and Doubletails to sell. If anyone is interested in seeing what I have you can look at them on Aquabid under my user name Chard56. If you go to DT's which is the shortest list usually and click on Chard56 instead of the Betta description that will take you to just my auctions. That way you wouldn't have to search through all 15 pages to see mine.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

I wouldn't recommend Pet Warehouse to anyone, don't worry.
I don't know what the place called in Aurora, if it is a pet Warehouse, that would save me a trip up there.

I know one of the people that frequents the HAAS list is the owner of a high-end fish shop in Columbia, Missouri. They may be interested?

Kevin
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

There's the HAAS swap meet at the end of August, if you could see if anyone up there wants some, we could take them along. We're gonna have a truckload of stuff going.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

etheonut wrote:I wouldn't recommend Pet Warehouse to anyone, don't worry.
I don't know what the place called in Aurora, if it is a pet Warehouse, that would save me a trip up there.

I know one of the people that frequents the HAAS list is the owner of a high-end fish shop in Columbia, Missouri. They may be interested?

Kevin
Thanks,do you have a number for them or you can give them mine. (870) 416-5607
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Might be a way for me to save shipping on the ones i want. I definitely want some of the male and female plakat dragons.
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

The HMPK Dragons are only 2 months old so they wont be ready for several weeks yet. They are in with two other spawns and I can't really tell them apart yet. They just started coloring up a couple weeks ago.
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

Blue-Ram101 wrote:A group field trip would be awesome lol. I really would like to come out and see them! Whats pricing like on them?
Sorry I missed this reply. I sell them on Aquabid 2 to 15 bucks less than most of the competitors and am usually 5 to 10 dollars less on shipping. For local pickup I would sell them a little under the going pet store prices. Petco I think is around $15 for Halfmoons. Pet warehouse (of coarse) is $20 and higher. I get $12 to $15 on Aquabid but $10 to $12 for locals. The Skyhawks are harder to come by and I get $15 to $18 for them. CT and CTPKs $6 to $10 depending on the quality. The same on Doubletails and Super Deltas. Prices are always open for negotiations. Anytime you want to stop by just pm me ahead of time so I can be sure and be here and can set up some spawns to watch before hand.
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Looks like I am going to have to plan a trip out that way, have my eye on that dark blue with the yellow fin on bottom. Don't suppose your coming to the meeting saturday?
Chard56

Post by Chard56 »

I have a paypal invoice pending for $200 for Bettas. If that gets paid I'll have gas money to make the meeting. My truck gets 8 to 11 miles to the gallon. However that Blue and Yellow (MG) male is in a spawning tank with a sibling same colored female at the moment in hopes of getting more Blue and Yellow (MG) offspring! I had him listed on Aquabid and then thought better of it as he's the only male in the spawn with the fathers colors who I traded for a pair of Red HMPK Dragons. I also have a few Chocolate males from that spawn. ImageThere was a few Doubletails in there too as you can see by the dorsal on the Chocolate male that would make him a DT geno.
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

I can see why, he is a beautiful fish, if you know your coming send me a pm if you don't mind. I am sure there is a couple I would like to get! Thank you for your time in answering my questions :)