Loose stuff floating around

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
Blue-Ram101

Loose stuff floating around

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Running into a slight... well annoyance, my filter spec wise is more then enough to handle filtering the water and so far not problems. I have noticed however *clutter* floating around in the tank, like little chunks of maybe plant matter? I dont know, its white though. From a few feet back the water is clear, but when I get up close I can see it, I was wondering if there is an effective easy way to get this loose floating material. I would blame the filter but I use some of the seachem clarity in the tank and it cleared all of the in a matter of a few hours from a 125 gallon tank. And maybe its just because this stuff isnt blowing towards the filter intake? Any suggestions, its just kind of annoying to me... I was thinking maybe a power head setup attached to a spong filter? Provide some current and filter large peices? I dunno I just want it gone!
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
pinkrblu

Re: Loose stuff floating around

Post by pinkrblu »

What is your substrate? Might be bits of something from it?
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
Blue-Ram101

Re: Loose stuff floating around

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Substrate is black diamond blasting sand
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!